Ready In: 20 Minutes
Yield: 8 servings
- 2 cups Balsamic Vinegar
- 3 whole Ripe Tomatoes, Sliced Thick
- 12 oz Mozzarella Cheese, Sliced Thick
- Fresh Basil Leaves
- Olive Oil, For Drizzling
- Kosher Salt
- Freshly Ground Black pepper
- In a small saucepan, bring balsamic vinegar to a boil over medium-low heat.
- Cook for 10 to 20 minutes, or until balsamic has reduced to a thicker glaze.
- Remove from heat and transfer to a bowl or cruet. Allow to cool.
- When you’re ready to serve, arrange tomato and mozzarella slices on a platter.
- Arrange basil leaves between the slices.
- Drizzle olive oil over the top of the salad, getting a little bit on each slice.
- Do the same with the balsamic reduction, making designs if you want. Store extra balsamic reduction in fridge for a later use.
- End with a sprinkling of kosher salt and black pepper.
- Serve as a lunch, with crusty bread. Or serve alongside a beef main course for dinner.
Makes 4 servings:
- 2 ½ cups halved Sun Harvest Flavourino plum cocktail tomatoes
- 2 cups sliced Sun Harvest English seedless cucumbers (leave the skins on, that is where the most vitamins are!)
- ¼ red onion sliced
- ¾ cup sliced pitted kalamato olives
- ¾ cup crumbled feta or goat cheese
- Combine in a bowl.
- Crush 2 cloves Sun Harvest garlic
- 1 tbsp. Dijon mustard dressing
- 2 tbsp fresh chopped Sun Harvest oregano ( or substitute 1 tbsp dried oregano)
- 3 tbsp red wine vinegar
- ¼ cup olive oil.
- Mix the above ingredients, and toss on salad prior to serving.