Ready In: 20 Minutes
Yield: 8 servings
- 2 cups Balsamic Vinegar
- 3 whole Ripe Tomatoes, Sliced Thick
- 12 oz Mozzarella Cheese, Sliced Thick
- Fresh Basil Leaves
- Olive Oil, For Drizzling
- Kosher Salt
- Freshly Ground Black pepper
- In a small saucepan, bring balsamic vinegar to a boil over medium-low heat.
- Cook for 10 to 20 minutes, or until balsamic has reduced to a thicker glaze.
- Remove from heat and transfer to a bowl or cruet. Allow to cool.
- When you’re ready to serve, arrange tomato and mozzarella slices on a platter.
- Arrange basil leaves between the slices.
- Drizzle olive oil over the top of the salad, getting a little bit on each slice.
- Do the same with the balsamic reduction, making designs if you want. Store extra balsamic reduction in fridge for a later use.
- End with a sprinkling of kosher salt and black pepper.
- Serve as a lunch, with crusty bread. Or serve alongside a beef main course for dinner.