'Mother Nature' meets 'Father Christmas ' ---- Visit our Christmas Market for unique handcrafts and pottery ! Open Daily Mon through Sunday 9 am - 5 pm
Thank you for your interest in joining the Sun Harvest team. We may be known for growing Kingston’s favourite tomatoes and the best hanging baskets but really, we pride ourselves on having a great team that delivers each and every day on providing a friendly and positive experience at our Garden Centre and Greenhouse market.
We are currently looking to add to our team! If you love a fast- paced, physical job, sharing your passion of plants, and making people happy, then read on.
We are looking for an enthusiastic team player with exceptional customer service skills to help us grow the business and deliver that signature ‘Sun Harvest’ experience in our community. This full time position will see you as an integral part of our team and assisting with the production, merchandising and sales of the plants that we carry. You will posess an understanding and appreciation of the needs of a ‘connected’ customer who uses many online tools when making their purchasing decisions. You will have a strong work ethic, re-inforced by a keen attention to detail while performing your job. You will share your creative aptitude to work with our team to deliver a fantastic garden centre experience for the retail customer both in-store and through our workshop program.
The successful applicant will be challenged by a physical work environment , willing to get their hands dirty to learn all aspects of our ‘green’ business, flexible, and happy to apply new ideas for helping customers.
To be successful in this position, the applicant must:
• Have experience with POS hardware
• Possess minimum high school GED, post secondary education preferred
• Be comfortable working with the public and have an enthusiasm for helping people
• Be knowledgeable of various social media platforms such as Facebook and Instagram
• Have an interest in marketing and helping to create effective campaigns to build the Sun Harvest brand
• Be able to work in fluctuating indoor /outdoor environments with wide ranges in temperatures and humidity
• Spend full days on feet performing physical tasks
• Be willing to work weekends
• Possess a ‘G’ class driver’s license
If you are looking for a hands-on, fast paced and supportive work environment, we encourage you to apply! Please send resume and cover letter outlining your motivations to the email listed below.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however only those being considered for an interview will be contacted directly.
Box 39, Sun Harvest Greenhouses 2542 Perth Road, Glenburnie, ON. K0H 1S0